Periodontal Treatments at Accent Dental, Frisco, TX
Four out of every five adults in the US has periodontal disease and don’t even know it! Periodontal disease, commonly known as gum disease, targets human gums and even the bone that supports our teeth. Plaque is a common issue that dentists deal with daily. It is a sticky film of food, bacteria and saliva that covers your teeth. If you do not get plaque removes, it turns into tartar. When tartar and plaque are not taken care of correctly, they will begin to damage your bone and gums. Periodontal disease is often causes redness, bleeding gums and swelling. Most individuals are not even aware though, because it is such a sneaky and painless disease in its early stages.
Periodontal treatments at Accent Dental in Frisco, TX can prevent and even reverse damage related to gum disease. In addition to periodontal treatments by a trained dentist, other factors such as a balanced diet and good oral hygiene can help reduce gum disease. During your one-on-one consultation at Accent Dental in Frisco, TX, we will advise you on simple life adjustments you can make in tandem with periodontal treatments to improve your results.
Symptoms of gum disease and candidates for periodontal treatment:
- Intense bleeding of the gums – Your gums should not ever bleed, even if you floss or brush your teeth intensively.
- Teeth becoming loose – Also caused by weakened periodontal fibers or bone loss.
- Tooth space increases – Follows mouth bone loss.
- Constantly bad breath – Follows bacteria growth in your mouth.
- Pus around your gums and teeth – An obvious sign of dental issues.
- Gums Receding – Gum decreasing.
- Puffy and Red gums – Gums should not ever be swollen or red.
- Discomfort or Tenderness – Tartar, plaque, and even bacteria can even irritate your teeth and gums.